Propose with love notes and invisible ink (No. 148)
Jay proposed to his fiancee-to-be Andrea in the living room as they played “Hot/Cold” where Jay had hidden gifts for Andrea.
Outside on the porch was a little gift bag with a candle, matches, a root beer bottle with a rolled up note sticking out of the neck with a seashell tied to its neck. There were ten bottles with notes like this in all that were all sweet, intimate, romantic, tender notes that walked Andrea through their lives. Each note had invisible ink which Andrea had to use the candle to burn around the edges to reveal the writing.
Andrea’s last note ended with “I want to ask you a question” and Andrea looked up to find Jay holding up a bunch of daisies and red roses. Jay then pulled out a poem and got down on one knee to propose to Andrea.
Any comments or tips on this marriage proposal idea? Please share!
Other proposal ideas you might like:
Recent Proposal Ideas
- Lip-synch dance (to Bruno Mars’ Marry You) marriage proposal (No. 276)
- Propose at Cook Islands (No. 275)
- Propose on snowboarding trip in Switzerland (No. 274)
- Propose during Waikiki sunset cruise (No. 273)
- Propose on QVC (No. 272)
- Propose at Santorini (No. 271)
- Propose with an ice cream (No. 270)
- Propose during helicopter ride over Niagara Falls (No. 269)
- Words with Friends Marriage Proposal (No. 268)
- Propose with an infographic (No. 267)
- Propose during mini-golf (No. 266)
- Propose at Graduation (No. 265)
- Propose at Boston Harbor (No. 264)
- Propose on a seaplane (No. 263)
- Propose with a pop-up book (No. 262)